Firstly, may I remind you all to use your child’s home school diary for communication whenever possible and that Early Years now line up at the gate in the morning between 8:50 and 9:00am.
As from this week we will no longer be having an afternoon snack in school so please only send a bottle of water for your child and bring their afternoon snack with you at hometime.
This week in class we have continued to study real and imaginary journeys and we have been learning about shapes. Suggestions for activities at home:
– Continue to reinforce the colour words and the new vocabulary; big, middle-sized, little, fat and thin, full and empty.
– Look for and talk about shapes in the environment.
– Talk about feelings; happy, sad, scared, angry.
– (Nursery only) Practice sharing and taking turns.
– (Reception only) Play “I Spy” and look for things beginning with s, a and t (most of the Reception children know the sounds of the letters of the alphabet but find it hard to think of something which begins with a given letter).